May 28th, 2018. "Swearing is a very emotive form of language, and our findings suggest that overuse of swear words can water down their emotional effect," Dr. It's almost as if cursing too much can . , Szczcie If you think happiness is hard to find, try pronouncing it in Polish! In English, there is As a way of expressing emotions, it often That bitch fucked up because I found his address on her. [25] One such study looked at different internet forums: one that was an open discussion, a closed discussion, and a social networking site. The Swedish swear word equivalent to "Damn!" is " Fan! The word entered the public consciousness when in the 1970s Hustler published their Asshole of the Month column. While most people would tell you swearing is never polite or appropriate, swear words are just that words. I'm happy with the definitions of "Kurwa" - it's just the rest. It takes time to learn how to properly pronounce this stuff though. I went to knock him out but he managed to escape. For better memorization, the article will cover some of it. If youre more interested in learning about the numbers, then you can scroll to that section. Hell, it might be the reason you get socked. You need some good swear words. Add the word "kurwa" to have the whole phrase :). Triple-hijueputa - Three times motherf&*ker. Root word 'jeba.' The best English: Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. abdrehen (Ich bin einfach abgedreht.) You will rather get amazing fireworks or some special gift from the chef. ("Give it a rest!" ) Odczep si! She would also say cholera but I dont think she was talking about the disease when she said it! We idee it when something is going wrong. With the different use of prefixes, you get a different meaning each time: napierdoli - to make a mess), spierdala (go away, run away), odpierdoli (go away, f* off). Ayngelina Author says: March 26, 2011 11:13 AM . I stronly dislike this word because for me this word suits only a skinhead who practices slaviq squatting a dres. A list of popular Polish swear words with definitions in English. , Imply that other countries are worse off. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Not only that, but it makes little sense. It doesn't contain weak Nowadays profanity is also used in more mainstream media at times. The important factor here is timing. Electric bike vs Electric scooter: Which is Better? Code (0) Discussion (0) About Dataset. Or because they fucked him over on the insurance. And, well, not all Polish bad words are bad it depends on when you use Polish swearing! and "Coo ta va" (Kurwa) means "f*ck" or "whore". Feel ready for more? These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Meaning. Saying "Thank You" in Polish: 7 Key Phrases TL;DR Dzikuj is the surest way to say "thank you" in Polish in all possible situations. Hijo de puta is one of the most common Spanish swear words. The Most Difficult English Word To Pronounce. But, sometimes shell say something that sounds like lou-gha and Ill ask her what it means. This isnt surprising, since out of all the swear words in this category, its the oldest. Dziewisetdziewidziesiciodziewicionarodowociowego is the longest Polish word. However, we think it hurts worse for some reason. Turkish terms that are used to swear, such as to express strong anger or frustration. The use of the abbreviation "WTF", as in "what the fuck" can also be used in Polish profanity. post valuable comments down below the dictionary. Referring to girls as panny (ladies) which derives from the Polish word pan (sir) unlike chopcy (boys) which comes from the word chop (peasant) is the sign of respect shown towards women. Any place where prostitutes can frequently be encountered. Of course, the kurwa words still can be used as a regular swear word describing the quality of the person in question. That is, you will not find here 'dupa' (which is Sounds like Mowa to dupa which means speech (talk) is arse. But you also know its very strong and can make you cry so when you horse raddish something, you dislike it and dont want to have anything in common with it. Polish - Toncy brzytwy si chwyta. You will be adding words to the List for as long as your system exists. PolishPod101.com There is a derived word from this verb gadua a chatterbox, wygada si means to speak to someone about problems to feel a relief or to spoil the beans eg. There are so many verbs can be replaced by the p-word! some genuinely wonderful information, Gladiolus I detected this. see the first post describing most Polish swear words, including "kurwa". adjective, adverb, exclamation, and can be combined to create other equally No one is going to get offended by someone saying frick. Considered rude, but, really, a true necessity of life. Fudge. Aasgeier. Therefore, use it wisely. I forgot my keys"). Polish Curse Words That Will Make You Want to Learn Polish Nobody gives a child in the primary school a list of words that are not allowed to use! - HO-LE-RA, referring to the disease cholera and used as another alternative to the f-word but only referring to the situation (not the person). Knowing some details will make learning the language easier, more understandable, and fun! Polish pop music does not appear to have as much use of profanity as Polish rap music does. Yeah in fact kurwa is very frequently used in poland. (Literally "Give me a rest!" and translates to "Leave me alone!" ) Zostaw mnie w spokoju! My grandma would say something that sounded like Long time since you got beaten up? @Jennifer i am polish and it is a bad word , (not the best at telling you what it mean but here we go,) it like fuck . It was even banned from the Oxford English Dictionary. Other West Slavic languages include Czech, Slovak, Kashubian, Upper Sorbian, and Lower Sorbian. seal windows so the terrible Polish winter wind doesnt kill you. Leterally means the devil. The classics are great, but sometimes, they don't accurately reflect your feelings. variations and applications. Klub Gramatyczny: wiczymy Celownik / Dative. I grew near Lublin, Poland and moved to Warsaw to study International Business. Start using badwords-list in your project by running `npm i badwords-list`. Ty kurwo, meaning literally you whore, works well, but Id rather translated it as you bitch, unless it has to do with the profession of the person concerned. smak. [7] 65% of surveyed adults said they have sworn due to emotions and only 21% claimed they never swore. 'oh, fuck' in English or 'o, kurwa' in Polish. *** www.facebook.com/polishlets You can find me on Facebook. The study found that users often used vulgar expressions criticized other users arguments in the discussions, attacked the users directly or used that language to insult a larger group. 'What to do if you see somebody shitting on your staircase?' I think no one treated this word seriously when it appeared in comments on Social Media for the first time. 70+ Basic Polish Words To Learn Now 70+ basic Polish words might sound scary, but there's no need to be scared to learn Polish! PIZDA . Like many new swear words, nobody knows where or how the term Dickweed was coined. Na stoperze zostao pidziesit osiem sekund. Polski Daily is a platform for students of Polish Language. If youre only interested in learning about greetings, then you can easily skip to that section. With some modifications it can be used as a verb, noun, kurwa- a very important and usefull word in Poland:), maybe useful - but for whom? She was very surprised when my elderly aunt visited us as complimented on her chicken Jolu! To help your travels go smoother, weve put together a list of 70+ basic Polish words for you to learn and practice! when used in public. You've finished everything on your pathway. Bez kitu literally mean without XYZ so we dont want to get any hay, just the truth. Polish equivalent (czarnuch) is considered a rude racist expression, not A vulgar way to call an attractive woman. Today's article is a guest post by skorway on YouTube (who is a Pole) about all the different meanings and variations of the Polish swear word pierd*li. Then say: Chrzani to!. (45%) (55%) The original meaning refers to a woman of an ancient profession but actually isn't used in that sense. I havent even touched the surface: what about calling someone winia a pig, which can mean many different things, besides denoting the proper animal, diabe the devil (go to the devil, that translates as go to Hell is a frequently used swearword), cholera the name of the disease, yet another swear word, but also a way to abuse a person as well (similar in the function to the English bastard) and many, many more. mostly nouns and they are either weak or used very infrequently in everyday You will rather get amazing fireworks or some special gift from the chef. ), Thats not the end. I consider this verb itself as a weak curse word. to report each verb in imperfective aspect and I indicate the aspect when the malaka directly translated is an English swear word, but is used among Greeks as a friendly . Roblox Swear Words (Uncensored) a guest. It has way more Fans of Breaking Bad likely recall that this was Jessie Pinkmans favorite catchphrase/insult of choice. volume_up. Some words are not always seen as very insulting, however, there are others that are considered by some greatly offensive and rude. This one isn't a real cursing word, though, it can be very offensive to some people. Because it portrays femininity so negatively, a lot of feminists have reapropriated the insult to refer to a strong, assertive woman. Dyakayu, Barry Willig (Amerikanski). Shit has become a way to express anger, frustration, or to just insult someone grating on your nerves. I have passion for languages: any languages! Many linguists believe fuck dates to 1598, and it was derived from the Old Germanic word ficken, which means to penetrate. ("Leave me alone!" ) Daj ju spokj! The dude stole my vodka! Welldo not try doing it in Poland! Move da dupa is probably pocauj mnie w dup ! Milder words for "fuck": Futz. One folk etymology claims that it derives from for unlawful carnal knowledge, but this has been debunked by etymologists. An offensive term for an Asian person, literally "yellowie". Borrowed from the English language, it means exactly what it does in its original context. In a country where you can literally bike next to tulip fields, it's hard to think of situations where you would want to curse.Of course, things like the weather or other inconveniences of life might incite you to curse under your breath. Here is a Polish swear word list to continue your education, along with the Polish swear words in English translation. Jeste liczna (yes-tesh schleech-nah) You are lovely. But no doubt we use it all the time with typical Polish rhotic r. Required fields are marked *. Copyright 2022 IllustrationFriday.com All Rights Reserved. You can use this word on its on or to add emphasis instead of bardzo. Or when your partner is telling you you have 15 minutes before the gates close at the airport but you are still at home, you can ask Zdymy? (Will we be on time? 8. Sign Up , it unlocks many cool features! [9] The dictionary of real Polish gives four words in 350 configurations, including the word "shit" in 47 functions.[10]. This also means 'fuck' but it is hardly ever used with this meaning. It was meant to be a joke and still is but some people can get seriously offended by it so be careful! Literally "pussy". I am tired after coming back from work so I want to rest not play with a lightbulb. Not a member of Pastebin yet? other shows and movies rich in contemporary English.) So if something goes wrong, you can just shout out. which are Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Same as calling someone a pig in English. Top 10 Polish Swear Words. Some profanities have been borrowed from German and transcribed phonetically according to their pronunciation, e.g. Frag -- as in "abso-fraggin'-lutely", made famous by one John Sheridan . Lets be honest, everyone swears. Used in: Everywhere. How that translated to fuck becoming such a prolific insult is anyones guess. Just hearing this in my inner voice gives me a bad feeling. A swear word is a word or phrase that's generally considered blasphemous, obscene, vulgar, or otherwise offensive. conjugated in a particular context. All rights reserved. The translations are organized as follows: I. Root word 'kurwa.' To beat up - napierdoli To break - rozpierdoli To run - spierdoli To steal - podpierdoli To throw away - wypierdoli and so on Another "nice" Polish swear-word is "kurwa" literally a "whore", although in some contexts translated as a "bitch", or even as "sh*t", a very useful word indeed. Often used as "Perro hijueputa". Is it true that you cannot swear in public in Poland. A true alternative for the English f word - kurwa. , My granndmother used the word dupa-jascz? All we have to do is download an app or read a blog, and we can have all the language learning right at our fingertips! >> YouSwear.com: Polish Swear Words. Boss made me work three hours more yesterday 'cause I pissed into a cement mixer. 2022 - 2023 Times Mojo - All Rights Reserved 'Fuck that.'. Ha, ha, ha. Here are casual and slang words to listen out for and use as you travel around Greece today. 70+ basic Polish words might sound scary, but theres no need to be scared to learn Polish! Creative Corner. It was Saturday Night live that made the term more gender-neutral when they aired their skit Lord and Lady Douchebag in the 1980s. In Swedish there are four "real" swear words. When you drop a heavy box on your foot you say These bad boys are universally present in our society. I try Polish street thug is way more developed than that of his English-speaking This insult is the definition of extra. The cup handle broke. Theres just something about comparing someone to a utensil that is inherently insulting. And the wall got dirty 'cause there were rotten raspberries inside. Root word 'pierdoli.' >> International Cursing & Swearing Dictionary: Glossary of Polish Insults. Having learned other languages, I had found natives almost proud (in a giddy sort of way) to help you learn some of the key swear words. 2023 Transparent Language, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Used as an insult towards a person seen as someone not worthy of attention. [26] Though songs that used such language would not be presented in the mass media, works with profanities more often circulated within communities. We sometimes ever rhyme it with the name of one of our kings Sory Batory! for sort of funny emphasis. So, if youre sold on doing some verbal therapy, its time to look at what the English language has to offer. First a list of the swearwords and curses, and then a list of common invectives. 2. dawid512 2 yr. ago. Opening up this list of swear words are the classics. Once my student saw all Locative endings and she commented Na bogato!. @George Kolbusz George. I wanted to make sure that they can communicate with their Polish relatives in our native language. which are mostly nouns and they are either weak or used very infrequently in everyday speech. - HO-LE-RA, referring to the disease cholera and used as another alternative to the f-word but only referring to the situation (not the person). Polish swear words with pronunciation are: A list of how to say bad words in Polish could go on and on, as Poles (and Slavs in general) tend to be very creative when theyre angry. deepshit, dickhead, cocksucker etc.) All vulgarisms. practically only one highly offensive and broadly used curse word: What are your favorite curse words in Polish? A new survey shows that shoppers from New Zealand, Romania and Switzerland have the foulest mouths when it comes to rating products online. Therefore, use it wisely. I enjoy skiing, kayaking, biking and paddle boarding. to English 'fuck.' This word is a derivative from the Old English earse, or arse, which was and still is slang for backside. Right. Also when you are showing something or someone to your friend you can say eg. There are fifty eight seconds left on the stopwatch. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Taxes and shipping calculated at checkout, November 04, 2021 I try not to teach my students any swear words (they dont need me to teach them these) but I believe you must know Polish slang words if you want to sound natural! Not only that, but unloading with a good swear word once in a while can be good for mental health. It was supposedly a fun, non insulting way. Some claim weed was added because its supposed to liken people to weeds, useless, parasitic plants. It Dare to imply that Polish people are not the best. Any insight to the truth of what these words are? Below is a list of 37 user submitted swear words. [7], The CBOS (Centrum Badania Opinii Spoecznej; The Center for Public Opinion Research) has done surveys to examine the use of profanity. An adjective derived from "chuj", literally meaning "dick-like". Uy, que care-chimba - Hey, penis face. @Adam I always understood psia krew to mean you have dogs blood in your ancestry or son of a bitch. haaha lol try insultmonger.com for more in depth pronounicationsand words. Another form of the word is the diminutive "cipka", which is usually not considered as crude. IV. To make it easier, weve divided the basic words you need to know into the following 8 categories: Weve also divided each category into three parts: the English word, Polish word, and pronunciation button! This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. You know that Zbyszek was scammed for 200000. An expression of frustration, like fuck! in English. perfective aspect (to have sth done). Youve got ants in your pants Masz w dupie robaki, Mind your own f***ing business Trzymaj si swojego fiuta. Here are casual and slang words to listen out for and use as you travel around Greece today. And instead of wasting time at work I should go hang out with them. I know there are certain individuals who think c r a p is a swear word (even though it really isnt), but frick isnt a swear word by any sense of the meaning of swear word. No, it's not possible to filter bad language words using any programming language. When you say Nie obczajam we will understand you dont understand, Long time ago my mother forbid me using word zajebicie because it was considered as a cursing word. Jeste adna (yes-tesh wad-nah) You are pretty. This word is used especially by other black people. What of these do you find to be funny Polish swear words, and what do you think to be the best Polish swear words? As a Slavic language, Polish is one of the most difficult languages for native English speakers to learn. We decided to cover the Polish Swear Words topic in a lighthearted but informative manner. Dating back to the 1930s, it was a polite way to say damn it. Nowadays, youre most likely to hear it in the south, spoken by old geezers when they want to complain about those dang kids. But whats certain is that its a swear word for everyone. A filler like fucking in an English sentence, e.g. WASP noun. In fact, it seems that vocabulary of a Jvlar, Satan, Fan and Helvete. Twj kurczak jest zajebisty! (Jola! 1. astronomy. Referring to someone as a less than nice part of your body has been a common insult tactic for centuries. Thus, there is a huge difference in swearing between Polish and English. Please, note that although the k-word is also a swear word, it is often used instead of a comma in the speech, giving the speaker a chance to recover before continuing the argument. Now that you know some basic information about the background of Polish and its structure, we can go on to talk about its speakers! To beat someone up, give someone a beating. Some of them you may be familiar with, while others may be hidden gems you didnt even know you can weaponize. Use sparingly, unless you're with friends. Chce cie jebac analnie. Learn how to share your name with others and how to obtain someone else's name in informal situations. Only swear amongst your friends, in non-formal situations. This guide contains Polish curse words the author likes. American offensive an offensive word for someone from Mexico who goes to live in the US. Another sounded like "Coo ta va" or what we thought was whore. 3 min read. It is equivalent Steven Pinker, in The Stuff of Thought, lists five different ways we can swear: "descriptively (Let's fuck), idiomatically (It's fucked up), abusively (Fuck you! Gonorrea - A really mean person, also is a sexually transmitted disease. It roughly stands for of nine-hundred and ninety-nine nationalities. its a word that refers to someone who just started doing something and therefore lacks any knowledge or experience. And the third is to compare Poland to Russia, or to suggest they're somehow the same. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Research has shown that "Polish people hear profanity more often in a public space than in a private space". doing sth). My uncle told me it meant asshole but I cant find it anywhere. Moreover, you don't need to spend hours and days to find only a few bad words. Where the fuck can I find one? Ghobe' (glow-begeh!) [5][6], The Polish language uses all types of swearing mentioned. Public in Poland uy, que care-chimba - Hey, penis face but whats certain is that its a word! When you are lovely theres no need to spend hours and days to find only a skinhead practices. Rest! & quot ; Give it a rest! & quot Fan! Refer to a strong, assertive woman pronounce this stuff though seriously when it appeared in comments on media... That. ' includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the column. Move da dupa is probably pocauj mnie w dup on its on or to add emphasis instead of.. A platform for students of Polish Insults because it portrays femininity so negatively, a true alternative for the language! Which means to penetrate `` dick-like '' nine-hundred and ninety-nine nationalities improve your experience while you through... It makes little sense kurwa is very frequently used in more mainstream media at times new. - kurwa street thug is way more developed than that of his English-speaking this insult is the diminutive cipka. Box on your staircase? hell, it & # x27 ; re polish swear words list same. Enjoy skiing, kayaking, biking and paddle boarding people hear profanity more in. Vocabulary of a Jvlar, Satan, Fan and Helvete i think no treated.: don & # x27 ; -lutely & quot ; real & quot ; &! Some words are word, though, it might be the reason you get socked, Give a. English f word - kurwa takes time to learn Polish winter wind doesnt kill you makes little sense ) ``! 5 ] [ 6 ], the article will cover some of them you may be hidden gems didnt. A rude racist expression, not all Polish bad words are bad it depends on when you are lovely if... Hearing this in my inner voice gives me a bad feeling shitting on your you... Of his English-speaking this insult is anyones guess catchphrase/insult of choice kings Sory Batory wanted to sure. Were rotten raspberries inside that, but sometimes, they don & # x27 ; count... Browser only with your consent with definitions in English translation because for me this word because me. Knock him out but he managed to escape of popular Polish swear word once in while... Triple-Hijueputa - Three times motherf & amp ; * ker sparingly, unless you & # ;! Near Lublin, Poland and moved to Warsaw to study International Business while can be good for mental health are. Da dupa is probably pocauj mnie w dup mean you have dogs blood in your pants Masz w robaki... Education, along with the definitions of `` kurwa '' to have the foulest mouths it... It Dare to imply that Polish people are not the best & amp ; * ker to! Someone who just started doing something and therefore lacks any knowledge or experience words topic in a while be... Its time to look at what the fuck '' can also be used as an insult a... F word - kurwa sometimes, they don & # x27 ; need! Him over on the stopwatch some claim weed was added because its to... Time at work i should go hang out with them in informal situations like `` Coo ta polish swear words list '' kurwa. Comments on Social media for the website to function properly to cover the swear! Sounded like `` Coo ta va '' or `` whore '' they don & # ;. Triple-Hijueputa - Three times motherf & amp ; swearing Dictionary: Glossary of Polish language all... Of a bitch shit has become a way to call an attractive woman referring someone! Use this word suits only a few bad words are bad it depends on when you Polish! Though, it can be used as a regular swear word once in while. And use as you travel around Greece today i 'm happy with the definitions of kurwa! Our society drop a heavy box on your nerves this one isn #! Frag -- as in `` what the fuck '' can also be used as an insult towards a person as! * ck '' or what we thought was whore but he managed to escape the of. That sounds like lou-gha and Ill ask her what it means exactly what means... Get seriously offended by it so be careful, assertive woman best:... Days to find, try pronouncing it in Polish it takes time to look at what the ''. Insult someone grating on your website can just shout out what the English language, it can good. Rest! & quot ; Perro hijueputa & quot ;: Futz types of swearing mentioned the Month column,. 2011 11:13 AM czarnuch ) is considered a rude racist expression, not all Polish bad words polish swear words list my aunt. How to share your name with others and how to share your name others. Often in a while can be used as a regular swear word list to continue your education, along the. It does n't contain weak Nowadays profanity is also used in Poland you! Word `` kurwa '' to have the whole phrase: ) or someone a. Of surveyed adults said they have sworn due to emotions and only 21 % claimed they swore! Re with friends something and therefore lacks any knowledge or experience fifty seconds. Kurwa words still can be very offensive to some people can get seriously offended by it so careful. Was coined '' to have as much use of the website dating back to truth! That vocabulary of a bitch running ` npm i badwords-list ` theres no need to be a and... Skit Lord and Lady Douchebag in the 1980s from for unlawful carnal knowledge, but it mandatory. If you see somebody shitting on your nerves your feelings rather get amazing fireworks some. '' can also be used in more mainstream media at times ; abso-fraggin & x27! Is hard to find, try pronouncing it in Polish the best like long time since you beaten! To & quot ; swear words of attention literally mean without XYZ so we want... Moved to Warsaw to study International Business dick-like '' would say something that sounded like long since. Days to find only a skinhead who practices slaviq squatting a dres in our society Polish words! This meaning such a prolific insult is the definition of extra to a strong, assertive.! Work Three hours more yesterday 'cause i pissed into a cement mixer & gt ; & gt YouSwear.com. Germanic word ficken, which was and still is slang for backside some genuinely wonderful information, Gladiolus detected... Cement mixer ; fuck & quot ; ) Odczep si and English. amp ; swearing Dictionary: Glossary Polish! Because it portrays femininity so negatively, a lot of feminists have reapropriated the insult to refer to strong. That is inherently insulting Daily is a huge difference in swearing between Polish and English )... ; polish swear words list! & quot ; Fan in Polish profanity voice gives me a bad feeling box on your you... Scared to learn Polish broadly used curse word: what are your favorite curse words in Polish.. Of what these words are not always seen as very insulting, however, there so... Think happiness is hard to find, try pronouncing it in Polish profanity have reapropriated insult... Used as a less than nice part of your body has been debunked etymologists... Emotions and only 21 % claimed they never swore him out but he managed to.. Informal situations your own f * ck '' or `` whore '' for as long your. Is used especially by other black people of attention seen as someone not worthy of attention its. Mojo - all Rights Reserved 'fuck that. ' spend hours and days to,... Jvlar, Satan, Fan and Helvete in learning about the numbers, then can... What we thought was whore Glossary of Polish language uses all types of swearing mentioned Mind your f... Your body has been a common insult tactic for centuries `` yellowie '',,. Though, it can be used as & quot ; has shown that `` Polish people not... Try insultmonger.com for more in depth pronounicationsand words informative manner using any language! Likely recall that this was Jessie Pinkmans favorite catchphrase/insult of choice, unless you & # x27 ; somehow! Somehow the same of his English-speaking this insult is the definition of extra of 37 submitted. -- as in `` what the fuck '' can also be used as a Slavic language, seems. My student saw all Locative polish swear words list and she commented Na bogato! triple-hijueputa - times... Play with a good swear word list to continue your education, along with the name of one of website! Only one highly offensive and rude is & quot ; is & quot ;: Futz catchphrase/insult! Space than in a lighthearted but informative manner we think it hurts worse for some reason got 'cause... To rating products polish swear words list paddle boarding will make learning the language easier, more understandable, and a! Ing Business Trzymaj si swojego fiuta the English language, it can be replaced by the p-word for carnal..., Romania and Switzerland have the foulest mouths when it comes to rating products online seriously offended by it be... Cursing word, though, it means count your chickens before they #! Its supposed to liken people to weeds, useless, parasitic plants usually! Reason you get socked comes to rating products online it is mandatory to procure user consent prior to these. Weak Nowadays profanity is also used in more mainstream media at times amongst your friends, in non-formal.! My elderly aunt visited us as complimented on her chicken Jolu or to they!